Colby over at Spittin’ (Out Words) Like a Llama tagged me! Now, it’s my turn to spill six things about myself and tag six others. Here are the rules:
- Link back to the person who tagged you (that= me!).
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post by posting links to their blog sites.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their site.
- And let your tagger know when your entry is up.
Now, for six things about me…
- I played the violin for seven years in school. After spending those seven years fighting everyone who told me I could be great if only I would practice, I quit. Now, 13 years after leaving high school, I wonder why in the hell I quit. I even went so far as to visit my old orchestra teacher to figure out how to start again, but found out I was pregnant before I could save up to get a new violin.
- I despise mice, living or dead. Yes, this is one area where I’m a “girly girl”. I will run, scream, do whatever I have to do. The pest control girl knows this and loves to torment me! Ironically, before we acquired a fish tank, I thought of getting a gerbil for my daughter. Really, is there much of a difference?
- I’m a horrid housekeeper. It takes a lot to admit this on the internet, but it’s the truth. I really want to figure out a way to keep my house clean, but I find myself cleaning like a madwoman on Sundays only to have it fall apart throughout the week.
- Since I’ve started exercising, I’m becoming a morning person. After being a perpetual snoozer for my entire adult life, I’m actually getting up BEFORE the alarm goes off!
- I want to run. This is another side effect of exercising. I feel great and for the first time in my life, the thought of doing a 5K is appealing to me! Me, the girl who couldn’t do the mile run in gym class during middle school, who’da thunk it!
- I have a jukebox in my head. Some people get random tunes stuck in their head, I get a song relating to something I’ve been thinking about or observed. For instance, this week I watched a very short co-worker standing on a milk crate to put bread away. Before I knew it, “Short People” by Randy Newman was playing in my mind. If I’m doing something satisfying, liberating, and along the lines I feel I want for my life, “Suddenly I See” by KT Tunstall is called up. And on a mushy note, “Follow Me” by Uncle Kracker has been stuck in my head quite a bit as things get back to the positive side in my marriage. The title of that song is inscribed on our wedding bands.
Now, I have to find six people to tag. Here goes:
- Fantastical Imagination
- The Unfocused Life
- Stamper Dad
- Virtual Wordsmith
- Mind Over Mullis
- The Happy Circumstance